Thinking about working for ASB? We’re serious about beer, and about creating an insanely enjoyable beer (or wine! or soda!) drinking experience in downtown Oklahoma City. Our goal is to be known for superbly well-crafted beer and incredibly friendly, super fast and approachable staff.
We expect a lot out of our people, and you can expect the same from us in return. We’re liberal with the perks, and we promise to treat you like family, but without the awkward Thanksgiving dinner conversation.
Assistant Brewer / Cellar Technician
We are looking to expand our brewing crew.
- Assisting the head brewer on production brew days
- Brewing on the pilot system
- Cleaning cellar tanks and kegs
- Performing routine product packaging tasks
- General housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Promoting the brand/pouring beer at events and festivals
The ideal candidate will be expected to have:
- Brewing experience whether commercial (preferred) or homebrewing (considered)
- A solid understanding of craft beer and different beer styles
- Flexibility in work schedule to include occasional evenings and weekends for events
- Ability to lift and carry a 55 lb load up a flight of stairs
- Ability to maneuver a 160 lb keg of beer
- Attention to detail for following standard operating procedures
- A professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to stand/work on your feet for 8 hrs in a hot/humid environment
- Experience with barrel ageing and/or sour beers (preferred)
- Forklift driving experience (preferred)
A competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience is offered.
Have what it takes?
Email your most impressive resume that includes two real, live references who can vouch for how awesome you are to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include which position(s) you are applying to at the top of your resume (not the email).
In some cases we do not require beer-industry specific experience. If you do not have professional service industry experience, please let us know your general experience with beer and why you’re interested in working with a brewery! It’s not a test.