Thinking about working for ASB? We’re serious about beer, and about creating an insanely enjoyable beer (or wine! or soda!) drinking experience in downtown Oklahoma City. Our goal is to be known for superbly well-crafted beer and incredibly friendly, super fast and approachable staff.
We expect a lot out of our people, and you can expect the same from us in return. We’re liberal with the perks, and we promise to treat you like family, but without the awkward Thanksgiving dinner conversation.
Sarah is leaving us to start her first official year as a pre-k teacher! We need your help filling her shoes. Job responsibilities include:
- Making this place rad
- Serving draft and packaged beer, wine, and other beverages, and selling merchandise from behind the bar
- Providing beer knowledge and assisting customers in beer choices without being pretentious about it
- Operating the Point of Sale system like a champ
- Changing kegs and monitoring beer quality
- Bussing tables and cleaning glassware
- Filling growlers
- Creating a genuinely welcoming environment for customers
- Previous high-volume bar experience (highly preferred)
- ABLE Alcohol Employee permit, or ability to obtain one (required)
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while chatting with customers (this is huge)
- Good working knowledge of craft beer styles and correct glassware
- Ability to maneuver a full keg
- Clean, professional appearance and outgoing, engaging personality
- Enough math skillz to balance a drawer
- Ability to put your phone away without separation anxiety
- Level 1 Cicerone Beer Server (preferred) or willingness to obtain one (required; we’ll cover the cost)
Have what it takes?
Email your most impressive resume that includes two real, live references who can vouch for how awesome you are to email@example.com. Please be sure to include which position(s) you are applying to at the top of your resume (not the email).
In some cases we do not require beer-industry specific experience. If you do not have professional service industry experience, please let us know your general experience with beer and why you’re interested in working with a brewery! It’s not a test.